10 Things You Need To Know About MTV Movie Awards Host Rebel Wilson
Meet Rebel. She’s the coolest chick ever and funny as can be.
This weekend she’s hosting the MTV Movie Awards. To make sure you’re prepped and ready for the big night, here are 10 fun facts about Rebel.
1. She’s a smarty pants! Before Rebel Wilson got her big break in Hollywood she attended University of New South Wales where she studied law and arts. Just in case the acting thing gets old this girl has a law degree to fall back on!
2. She likes getting fit. She signed on as a celebrity ambassador for Jenny Craig and lost over 20 pounds in her first 10 weeks! For her role in Pitch Perfect they told her to stay the same size.
3. She raps! Her rap alter ego is named Rebelicious.
4. She had a vision she’d become an actress while sick with malaria!
Rebel said in an interview: “When I graduated school I became a youth ambassador and was stationed in South Africa for a year to spread goodwill across the continent. I got malaria and was put in intensive care, where the doctors gave me a cocktail of drugs so I wouldn’t die. I hallucinated that I was at the Oscars and won. It was so real that when I came out of hospital I said, ‘I know this is crazy, but I’m going to become an actress!”
5. She launched her own plus size clothing line called Fat Mandi.
6. Her parents were professional dog showers so Wilson spent a lot of time at dog shows growing up.
7. She loves watching TLC’s Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.
8. Rebel credits her “breast voice” for nailing her Pitch Perfect singing audition.
9. Her celebrity crush is Channing Tatum.
10. She’s real-life roommates with her Bridesmaids co-star Matt Lucas.
Tune in to the MTV Movie Awards this Sunday LIVE 9/8c!