5 Reasons To Love Bridgit Mendler’s ‘Hello, My Name Is…’
Disney starlet Bridgit Mendler seems to have it all: a starring role on Disney Channel’s Good Luck Charlie, an emerging music career, great hair, etc. She just released her debut album Hello, My Name Is… and I cannot get enough of it! I think it might be my new guilty pleasure….if I cared what people thought of me listening to it, which I don’t, so guilty I am not.;)
Here are 5 reasons why you should check out Bridgit‘s album: (besides the fact that it’ll make you want to do this while listening to it)
1. Every song takes you on a journey of some sorts. I love her use of metaphors and her quirkiness. This is not your average pop album. Bridgit mixes a bit of every genre in each song.
2. She wrote every song on Hello, My Name Is… with co-writers Emanuel “Eman” Kiriakou, Evan “Kidd” Bogart, and Priscilla Renea. These people burp out hits!
3. The album received positive reviews from music critics, praising her vocals and songwriting skills. It debuted at number 30 on the US Billboard 200 chart and at number 30 on the US Billboard Digital Albums chart. Not that critic’s opinions should matter, but it’s great to see that the album is doing well!
4. When asked to describe Hello, My Name Is…, Bridgit says: “It’s an acoustic, soulful jazzy funky sort of thing.” <—- It really is!
5. If you buy the deluxe version on iTunes, you get 3 bonus tracks!
BONUS REASON: The album cover is bad ass! Check out the rainbow hair! 😛
What do you think of Hello, My Name Is…?