20 Questions With: Jacqueline Laurita
Most of you know Jacqueline Laurita as the sweetheart that isn’t afraid to stand up for herself on Bravo’s ‘The Real Housewives Of New Jersey’. I know her as my Mommy. I asked my Mama a series of 20 random questions. Some of them were questions that fans wanted to know, some are just for fun. Take a look! We touch on topics such as Season 5 rumors, the secret to her shiny locks, her favorite makeup brands, and the key to a happy marriage. There is even mention of a celebrity crush! Check out what she had to say below. Don’t forget to look at the gallery too.
1. What is your daily skin regimen?
In the morning I cleanse with a mild cleanser, exfoliate with a mild, fine grained exfoliator, tone, use a specialty serum, eye cream, moisturizer and I always use a sunscreen 30 or higher. At night I remove my make-up, cleanse, tone, 2ce a week I Mask, serum, eye cream, moisturizer.
I put a lot of the products I use on Pinterest. I’ve been working on and experimenting with my own skincare line for a long time now as well. It’s almost perfected.
2. What are some of your favorite brands of makeup?
In no particular order.. -Tarte -Lancôme -Lorac -Make-up Forever -Bellapierre -Urban Decay -Benefit -the Balm -Too Faced -Nars -Smash Box -Mally -The list could go on
3. Being a mom of a child with Autism can be a tough job. What keeps you going and staying positive?
Encouraging words and success stories that I hear from others that can relate. It gives me hope. We celebrate any achievements of his, big or small, everyday!
4. What is the best/worst thing about RHONJ?
The best is all the people that I have been able to meet had I not been on the show. There has also been a lot of fun, interesting experiences and opportunities that have been brought my way because of my being on the show.
The negativity from certain people that surround the show at times is the worst. The drama can bring out the worst in me but its sometimes hard to avoid during the many hours we film. I don’t like drama but because I like to help bring out the best in others that do, I get sucked in to it sometimes.
5. If you could go back in time, would you still do RHONJ?
Yes, it’s been a once in a lifetime experience. It’s taught me a lot about myself as well as others.
6. What do you think is the key is to a happy marriage?
Once in a while, you have to act like you just met and be the same way you were in the beginning of the relationship.Treat each other the same way you would as if you just met. Respect and communication is very important.
7. What’s your favorite ‘Real Housewives’ franchise other than RHONJ?
That’s a hard one. They each bring something different. I can’t decide. I love them all!
8. Do you have a favorite designer?
Not really. I’m all over the place. Expensive or cheap, I don’t care, if I like it, I’ll buy it. I like Alice And Olivia, Feel The Piece, JBrand, Analili, to name a few
9. Favorite bands when you were in high school?
Def Leopard, Bon Jovi, Steve Miller Band, Eagles, Guns n Roses, AC/DC, Madonna, Poison, The Police, Michael Jackson, Beastie Boys,Billy Joel, Bobby Brown, Chicago, INXS,Journey,Lionel Richie,Phil Collins,Scorpions, Quiet Riot, White snake, White Lion, Van Halen,U2, UB40, I know there is a lot more I may have forgotten in my old age.
10. Favorite 80’s movie?
“Sixteen Candles” used to be a favorite. I could watch it a 100 times and it never got old. Same thing with “The Breakfast Club”.
11. What is your secret to your shiny hair?
I get Keratin Treatments every 6 months. I also use a leave in conditioner (Rusk Sensory) and lightly use a hair shine oil.
12. Who is your ‘go to’ doctor for cosmetic needs?
Dr.William Song from Oakland, NJ and Dr. Ramtin Kassir from Wayne&Ridgewood,NJ as well as on Park Ave, NY
13. You’re ALWAYS helping others. I saw that you’ve been doing a lot of volunteer work to help out the victims of Hurricane Sandy. What is something you’ve taken away from the experience of helping to ‘RESTORE THE SHORE’?
Never take anything for granted! I loved seeing everyone pull together to help one another. I saw a lot of compassion from others. It was nice to see.
14. What are your favorite gossip magazines to read?
I like People and Us magazine. I get more Beauty Industry magazines, Parenting and Health magazines.
15. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Compassionate – Friendly – Goofy
16. Celebrity crush?
I don’t think I have one. Is my husband a celebrity? I guess I’ll say him...Chris Laurita. He’s a celebrity to me.:0) (Oh.. and I may think Josh Duhamel is sexy too ;0) )
17. Who do you think is the prettiest Kardashian?
Kourtney was my first pick, even though I also think Kim is gorgeous, although I love Khloe’s personality the best and I think she’s beautiful too. Tough question.
18. If you could only wear one item of makeup the rest of your life, what would you wear?
Tough one….Mascara or concealer
19. Should ‘RHONJ’ fans expect any surprises or new cast members in the upcoming Season 5?
Not really allowed to say but there sure are a lot of false rumors out there. Don’t believe everything you read. There may be some extra B-role people for others that need someone to film with. ;0)
20. What’s next for Jacqueline Laurita? Anything we should be keeping an eye out for?
I’m working on so many projects right now. I don’t want to tell you all of them yet but I will tell you that I will be a contributing editor for Parenting Magazine starting in February sharing my Journey as a parent with a child with Autism. I have also teamed up with Dr.Song and Michele from Omni Aesthetics and we will be building and opening up a new Beauty and wellness Med Spa.
I have also been working on developing a skin care line. I’m also writing a beauty & lifestyle book about my life’s journey.
I’m also working on children’s books and other projects relating to Autism. I spend a lot of my time researching and writing.