5 Ways To Be Productive This Weekend
It’s Friday and time to head into another great weekend. I know many of you have written to me and told me how you always feel like Sunday rolls around too fast – and you haven’t accomplished enough. Here are 5 ways to make sure this weekend is a productive one. Enjoy!
1. Don’t Stop Planning & Scheduling Just B/C It’s The Weekend. At first it might sound daunting to make a to-do list and really schedule your weekends but I find it pretty crucial. It’s important to balance your weekends to make sure you have enough time to run errands, have fun, and get stuff done. Make a list of what you know you need to get done by Monday morning. Once you’ve done that, write out a weekend schedule and determine when you can accomplish each task. Make sure you add things like “Lay out with Shannon” or “Shopping with Lauren” to your schedule as these things are just as important on the weekends!
2. Think About the End Result. The best way to make sure you get everything done that you need to over the weekend is to think about the end result. Always think to yourself, “What is going to stress me out on Monday if I don’t get it done this weekend?” I find that thinking of the consequences of not getting certain tasks done helps me get to work! When you find yourself being lazy, think about how relieved you will be on Monday morning.
3. Do a Sunday Night email check. Assign a certain time slot on Sunday evenings as “Email Hour”. Spend that hour simply going through and organizing your work emails. Delete spam, categorize certain correspondence, and try to clear your inbox as best you can so you can start with a clear plate on Monday morning. I promise – you will feel so much more organized on Monday mornings.
4. Make Your Monday Morning To-Do List the Night Before. It always helps me ease into my days better when I make a schedule the night before. It helps me avoid feeling overwhelmed first thing in the morning.
5. Try to Get in Fun & Work At the Same Time. A great method to use if you feel like you have a lot on your plate is multi-tasking. Try reading while you are at the gym or laying out by the pool. Need to get in weekend exercise and see friends? Go for a group hike, walk, or take an exercise class together.
What are you doing this weekend?