10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Adele
Ever since Adele hit the airwaves in 2011, most of us have been obsessed with her soulful voice and sorrowful lyrics. She has appeared on pretty much every music magazine cover, swept the Grammys, and is still trucking on strong with her latest hit Rolling in the Deep.
That all must be a lot to take in for a young woman turning 24 today. Somehow, I think Adele can handle it though.
In honor of her birthday, here are 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Adele:
1. Rumor Has It that Adele’s album 21 was inspired by her breakup with actor/musician Slinky Winfield.
2. She has a tendency to name her albums after the age she was when she started each one: 19, 21.
3. Adele lists The Spice Girls amongher early influences.
4. Her first U.S. television appearance was on The Today Show.
5. Someone Like You is the first vocal and piano only song to top the Billboard Hot 100 chart since it’s founding in 1958!
6. Adele has a Miniature Dachshund.
7. In the U.S. alone, Adele’s album 21 has sold more copies than Katy Perry’s Teenage Dream, Lady Gaga’s Born This Way, Rihanna’s Talk That Talk and Beyoncé‘s 4 – combined.
8. Rolling in the Deep has charted on the Billboard Adult Contemporary, Alternative Songs, Hot Dance Club Songs, Hot R&B/ Hip-Hop Songs, Rock Songs, Pop Songs and Adult Pop Songs charts.
9. Adele attended BRIT School for Performing Arts with Leona Lewis.
10. Her first concert was The Cure when she was just 3 years old. Her mother took her.
Happy Birthday Adele!