10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Winona Ryder
We have watched Winona Ryder in more films over the years than we could possibly count on one finger.
She was engaged to Johnny Depp, got in a whirlwind of trouble over swiping some items from Saks, and even humped dummy on YouTube.
Most things we already know about Hollywood’s quirkiest actress, but here are 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Winona Ryder:
1. Winona’s favorite book is The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. She owns every paperback edition in every translation.
2. She was considered for the role of Marla Singer in Fight Club, but the role went to Helena Bonham Carter instead.
3. Winona is a natural blonde.
4. Winona’s real last name is Horowitz, but technically it should be Tomchin. When her family arrived at Ellis Island in 1906, they were accidentally assigned the last name Horowitz – which belonged to another immigrating family.
5. She turned down the role of Katrina in Sleepy Hollow, thus handing it off to her Mermaids co-star Christina Ricci.
6. Winona dedicated the film Little Women to a girl named Polly Klaas who was abducted from Ryder’s home town and murdered. Little Women was Polly’s favorite book.
7. Ryder joined Amnesty International at age 12.
8. Her agent begged her to not take the role in the film Heathers for fear that it would ruin her career.
9. Winona suffers from Insomnia and often has long, late night chat sessions with Al Pacino when she can’t sleep. Pacino is also an insomniac.
10. Winona was offered the title role in the 1995’s remake of Sabrina, but turned it down stating that she could not fill Audrey Hepburn‘s shoes.