Top 10 Reasons We Love Colbie Caillat
Admit it: you like Colbie Caillat! With her infectious mixture of tug-at-your-heart songs and blissful “I’m in love” tunes, Colbie really knows just how you’re feeling. Colbie’s third album, entitled All of You, released today and in honor of the songstress, here are 10 reasons we love Colbie:
1. Though her dad Ken Caillat co-produced the popular Fleetwood Mac album Rumours, Colbie went the social media way to break into the music biz and gained popularity on MySpace, which earned her a ticket to fame.
2. Her music really makes you want to fall in love…
(Like in this ever-adorable song with Jason Mraz!)
3. … And it also makes you want to bawl your eyes out when you are heartbroken.
4. She was part of the group that won Album of the Year at the Grammys for her background vocals and writing on Taylor Swift‘s Fearless.
5. She recorded a cover of “Kiss the Girl” from Disney’s The Little Mermaid.
6. Even though you hardly ever see her without her guitar, Coblie didn’t start playing the guitar until the age of 19. (See, it’s never too late to learn!)
7. She is ALWAYS seen smiling – there’s not a picture out there to be found of her frowning. Her smile is contagious!
8. THIS VIDEO:
9. She’s versatile! Can you believe she used to sing on techno songs used at fashion shows?
10. When she was 11, she became so enthralled at Lauryn Hill‘s performance in the movie Sister Act 2 and used it as her inspiration to become a singer. She recorded her version of “Killing Me Softly” – the cover song which broke Lauryn and her group The Fugees!
Check out Colbie’s new video for “Brighter Than The Sun” off her new album, All of You:
What’s your favorite Colbie Caillat video?