10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About ‘Twilight’
By now, most of us are aware of the Twilight Saga books and movies, but how much do you actually know about the first film Twilight?
Check out these 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Twilight:
1. Before actual casting for Twilight took place, author Stephanie Meyer had a cast of her own already lined up in her head: Emily Browning as Bella Swan, Henry Cavill as Edward Cullen, Charlie Hunnam as Carlisle Cullen, Mary-Louise Parker as Esme Cullen, Rachael Leigh Cook as Alice Cullen, Trent Ford as Jasper Hale, Tom Welling as Emmett Cullen and Olivia Wilde as Rosalie Hale.
2. Nikki Reed and Jackson Rathbone both had to learn how to play baseball left-handed for the baseball scene in the film.
3. Robert Pattinson had never heard of the Twilight novels before showing up for casting.
He actually only attended casting because he liked Kristen Stewart’s performance in Into the Wild.
4. MTV Films originally owned the rights to make the film. After scripting difficulties, MTV dropped the project which was then picked up by Summit Entertainment.
5. Actress Bryce Dallas Howard made her entrance into the world of Twilight in the film Eclipse by replacing Rachelle Lefevre as Victoria, but she was actually offered the role originally. She turned the role down initially because she felt that the part was too small.
6. Bella’s prom dress cost only $20!
7. Summit Entertainment did not run into the same problem as MTV Films when it came to the script. It was written in 6 weeks.
8. In the scene when Edward Cullen first enters the school cafeteria the voice singing in the song being played is that of Robert Pattinson’s sister, Lizzy.
9. Robert Pattinson did not take any professional lessons in order to tackle the American accent.
10. Getting Nikki Reed’s naturally dark brown hair the correct shade of blonde for her role took 36 hours!