10 Fun (and Funny) Facts About MTV’s New Sci-Fi Series Teen Wolf
Buzznet’s very own Armen Atoyan had the chance to sit down with the cast of MTV’s newest upcoming series, Teen Wolf. While at the press junket he learned some interesting facts about the cast and the show.
“Teen Wolf is a sexy, suspenseful drama about transformation set against the backdrop of contemporary teen life with a forbidden, romantic love story at its core, making it a fresh and different take on the iconic movie of the 80’s. Always an outsider and often unnoticed, Scott McCall, played by Tyler Posey, yearns to be recognized in some small way that could take him out of his virtual anonymity at his high school. When his friend Stiles, played by Dylan O’Brien, convinces him to go into the woods one night to join a police search for a dead body, Scott encounters a creature in the darkness. Narrowly escaping an attack with a vicious bite in his side, the next day brings strange surprises for Scott at school… and his life will never be the same.”
We can’t go on without mentioning that the series is filmed in a very True Blood/Twilgiht-esque style: it’s dark, vampy, sexy, and is packed with action and drama. Werewolves, teen angst, love triangles, and hot actors? SIGN US UP.
10 Fun and Interesting Facts About Teen Wolf:
1. It takes four and half hours to get Tyler Posey into full werewolf makeup!
2. Holland Rodenwent rock climbing with the cast. She doesn’t have a fear of heights, but she does have a fear of falling. So, once she got to the top of a particularly tall wall, she started freaking out and fell off the rock wall “like a rag doll.” The actress had whip lash for a week. Meanwhile, fellow cast member Colton Haynes was filming the whole thing on his iPhone…which he of course to all the MTV executives. Looking back, they all – including Holland – had a good laugh. Colton loves making videos of just about everything on his iPhone.
3. The Jersey Shore girls, Snookie and J-Wow, are apparently big fans Tyler Hoechlin. MTV is in talks about a “werewolf in Jersey” spin-off in the future. Not really, but could you imagine the brass at MTV having that coversation?
4. Crystal Reed loves horror films because she loves the feeling of a good jump after a good scare.
5. During shooting there was a flash flood in and around the set. The cast and crew kept shooting up until the last minute and ended up losing thousands of dollars worth of equipment. Luckily no one got hurt.
6. There are word for word one liners from the original Teen Wolf film that starred Michael J. Fox sprinkled within the show. Can you find them? You’ll have to watch the series to see!
7. When asked which of all Scott’s powers Tyler Posey would want most, he chose “the ability to grow hair.” Apparently he can’t grow a beard… at all.
8. The guys of the cast compare themselves to the guys on Friends. With Tyler Posey as Joey, Dylan O’Brien as Chandler, Colton Haynes as Ross, and Tyler Hoechlin as Richard.
9. Tyler Posey offered everyone at our press table cinnamon Altoids. He swears by them. And by the way, he has A LOT of energy and it carries through in the show.
10. When Dylan O’Brien came in to cast for Stiles he brought a blank piece of paper and two Youtube links as his resume.
Check out the trailer for MTV’s Teen Wolf
Teen Wolf premieres on MTV June 5th. Will you be watching it?