Who wants to come see ‘Deathly Hallows’ with me in San Francisco?
HEY GUYS, READ THE END. THINGS HAVE CHANGED.
I’m serious. And sirius. Totally sirius.
Would you like to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows with me and some fellow MRHP readers in downtown San Francisco next week? I mean, OF COURSE YOU WOULD, right???
I am here to make this a reality.
As a wonderful way to send off the Mark Reads Harry Potter experience, I would love to meet some of you. (More on a meet-up at Harry Potter World in a post tomorrow.) I have TEN TICKETS to see Deathly Hallows at the Metreon in downtown San Francisco on Friday, November 19 at 5:00 PM. Would you like to have one of these tickets? WOULD YOU?
Oh, there are rules. And you must follow them BECAUSE I SAID SO.
REALLY GARISH AND ABSURD RULES TO WIN A TICKET TO SEE DEATHLY HALLOWS WITH ME
1) PLEASE DO NOT enter unless you can provide transportation for yourself to downtown San Francisco. In a perfect world where I am a billionaire, I’d just buy an entire theater out and fly you all out here, but HEY THAT ISN’T HOW THINGS WORK. If you don’t live around here and you want to fly out to this wonderful land, BE MY GUEST, I WON’T STOP YOU. But I don’t want to be standing outside the Metreon with extra tickets because you live in a city 2500 miles from here and you just wanted to win. Please don’t be THAT person.
Sound fair? Good. Take BART or MUNI or AC Transit or CalTrain or Greyhound or Amtrak or fly or float or Apparate or WHATEVER.
2) Leave a comment on this journal answering this question: Which one scene from the novel Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows do you want faithfully replicated on screen AND WHY? You have to answer this and it is going to factor into whom I handpick to attend.
3) Please add the best email address to the comment that I can contact you with if you DO NOT have a Buzznet account OR the email listed under your account is not the right one. Since there are plenty of you who comment via Facebook, you can just leave your email like this to avoid spam bots: myemail [at] something [dot] com. Though it might just be easier to sign up for Buzznet? IDK, DO WHAT YOU WISH. But I will look up your Buzznet account to email you when you win, JUST AN FYI.
4) TAKE A NAP OR GO EAT A SANDWICH OR HIGH FIVE A NUN. You have until Tuesday, November 16 at 12:00PM to enter the contest. I will announce the ten winners at 12:30PM that day and will privately contact you with information about the screening and how to contact me that Friday when you arrive in the city.
5) HAVE A GODDAMN PARTY because why not?
Sound easy enough? I think it’s a great way for us to be MAX EXCITED about this movie and for me to finally meet some of you.
Yay? YAY! Good luck!
Let’s just turn this into a massive meet-up! If you’d like to buy a ticket to the 5pm showing at the Metreon on November 19th, please do. You are more than welcome to join us. If you already entered, let me know! I’ll give the ticket to someone who otherwise may not have been able to come.
Sound good? LET’S TAKE OVER THE THEATER!!!