Mark Watches ‘Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince’
Hello, readers new and old! In celebration of my completion of the entire Harry Potter series, we’ll be watching Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which I skipped watching due to slightly spoilery hints towards Horcruxes and Snape.
I know there are many of you who have never participated in one of these, since we haven’t done one since September. (That seems forever ago.) Below, you’ll find a guide to maximize your fun during the movie and deal with the inevitable comment breakage. Let us go forth into livebloggy goodness!
1) The Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince liveblog will begin at precisely 11:00AM PST on Sunday, October 31st. Please consult a world clock if you live elsewhere and compare your time to San Francisco to figure out when this will be! The movie is just over two and a half hours long.
2) You can save this blog URL. Our liveblog insanity will happen in the comments below.
3) If the comments are temporarily delayed, don’t worry. They are still in the system and will appear, but these events normally break the site which is AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL. So just keep commenting away and do not be discouraged!
There is a way, however, to see the comments as they are being updated. Just add “.old” in between “markreadsharrypotter” and “.buzznet” in the URL and you’ll be directed to the older version of our site.
For the technically challenged, just visit this: http://markreadsharrypotter.old.buzznet.com/user/journal/7593231/mark-watches-harry-potter-half/
ADDITIONALLY! Sometimes it is better to refresh the whole page during this than to refresh just the comments, so try that. It works for me!
4) Once the movie starts, go nuts. Leave photos, gifs, videos, whatever you want in the comments. Have fun, of course! YEAH!
5) Our previous comment record, achieved during the Order of the Phoenix liveblog is 6,390 comments.
See you guys tomorrow!